- Hitting the snooze button: You have less time than you think you do. If you don’t want to leave the important things undone, get out of bed and do those things.
- Watching television: An hour of television is just fine. Two hours is okay. Seven hours means that you prefer entertainment to achieving your goals and ambition, or that you haven’t yet defined them.
- Arguing about politics on Facebook: You are not making a difference in the world by making people aware of your politics or your feelings. Unless you devote an equal amount of time and money to the causes you profess to support, you are wasting time and making no difference in the world.
- Waiting to be discovered: No one gets discovered. They discover themselves. If you want to do something, start doing it. You can grow old waiting.
- Waiting until you believe you are ready: The way that you get ready for what comes next is by doing right now. The way you learn to write is by writing. The way you learn to dance is by dancing. The way you learn to swim is by swimming. Every master followed this plan.
- Until you are good enough: See waiting until you believe you are ready.
- Until the time is right: When the time is right, you need to already be doing what you want to do when opportunity presents itself. In fact, that’s the only way that opportunity shows up.
- Haters: Not everyone is going to like you. Not everyone is going to appreciate what you do or how you do it. Time spent thinking or worrying about what other people think is time away from your mission.
- Shortcuts: Shortcuts are the way to prevent mastery. Hacking is an avoidance of the fundamentals. When it comes to the deep truths, principles, things that matter, you don’t have time not to do the work.
- Browsing the web: The distractions available to you are infinite in number. The time you spend here on the web is time you are not spending on what’s really important.
- People who do not value you: You are not for everyone. Some people won’t appreciate you, what you do, how you do it, or why you do it. They are not for you. Second time with the people who value you.
- Doing work over: Mistakes are inevitable. Iteration is part of the growth and development. That said, you should still do your best work so that you don’t have to go back over ground you have already covered unnecessarily.
- A negative attitude: The great limitation. The lid on your performance and your success. A negative attitude may not take years off your life in the literal sense, but as it pertains to your overall happiness, growth, and success, it makes your years less than they could be.
- Until you are older: What you want in the future you need to create now.
- Until you are certified: You don’t need anyone’s permission to live your purpose. You don’t need the certificate, the degree, or anyone’s permission.
- Until you are certain: Maybe it will work as planned. Maybe it won’t. If you are waiting until you are certain, that fear will paralyze you and steal your time. Whatever you are going to do, know that it can and will be improved.
- Perfection: Is unattainable. There is no reason to make this the prerequisite for producing, nor is there any reason to make that your measurement as it pertains to creating.
You have a limited amount of time. Get busy and make it count.
Share this post with your network
Filed under: Sales