Category: Sales Training
- One of the outcomes of training and development is knowledge transfer.
- The true outcome of training is competency transfer.
- Competency is something greater than knowledge, and it requires experience and repetition.
- We expect too much of sales training when it comes to providing new skills and competencies.
- Transferring knowledge is part of development, but successfully improving results requires transferring competency, so salespeople can…
There are many reasons salespeople and sales organizations struggle to produce better results. There aren't any secrets that allow some sales organizations to perform better than their peers. Because what you need to know is already known, what…Continue Reading
When a sales organization has an opportunity to get their salesforce together in one place, they desperately want to give them product knowledge. This is a very good idea, but it is often executed in a way that makes it more likely that the…Continue Reading
I spoke to five different sales organizations in January this year. Three of these sales organizations were engaged in a sales transformation. I want to describe the difference between one of those organizations and the two others.