Archive for January, 2021
- Selling is made more difficult by slippage, a loss of traction that can occur throughout the sales conversation.
- Some slippage is the result of the mistakes you make throughout the sales conversation.
- Your clients can also…
- Being consultative means that you provide someone with sound advice about their future decisions.
- The more time you spend sharing information about your company and your solutions in early conversations, the less consultative…
- You can spend too much time researching your clients before you call them to schedule a meeting.
- Focus on research that will give you the ability to compel change.
- You should do more research after you acquire a meeting, to…
- Transactional leaders mistakenly believe that all people are motivated by money.
- An overreliance on compensation leads to lazy leadership, which prevents sales leaders from producing the best results.
- Salespeople who are…
- Prospecting effectively requires more structure than sporadic phone calls.
- A more complete view of prospecting starts with a territory plan and a contact plan.
- Success requires both insights and a prospecting sequence that…
- We expect too much of sales training when it comes to providing new skills and competencies.
- Transferring knowledge is part of development, but successfully improving results requires transferring competency, so salespeople can…
- You must choose between living an intentional life or allowing yourself to "drift."
- Success is the attainment of some aim or purpose, requiring you to decide what you want.
- Success is a system that you can adopt and repeat…
- New or novel ideas, some stemming from external events, can create a compelling case for your prospective clients to change.
- Consultative salespeople leverage novelty to inform and inspire their prospects to change before…
- Read wisely, choosing books based on their value, not their novelty.
- There is little gained by trying to read as many books as possible as fast as you can. Instead, you should drink deeply.
- Reading widely allows you to…