For all you know:
- Your dream client is no longer in love with their long time provider. In fact, they moved on 6 months ago, and they are still not happy. Right now, they are getting ready to look for a new provider.
- That prospect that never used a product or service like you has had a change of circumstances, making what you sell something they now need. They’re not sure where to look to find help, and they are searching for someone with answers.
- That past client company that left you three years ago has had complete turnover in their management team, and no one there has any memory of your company, positive or negative. They’re not married to anyone, and they are open to new ideas.
- That lead that doesn’t look like much and clearly hasn’t been qualified is a multi-million dollar user who happened upon your company when they were referred by a friend. They reached out to engage with someone, but they are moving on because no one followed up.
- That price conscious prospect who you could never do business with now perceives what you sell as something strategic. After being disappointed by three of your competitors in a row, they are now sufficiently disabused of the idea that they can have what they need and the lowest price.
- Your irrational competitor is strapped for cash and struggling to stay afloat. While you are perceiving them as a threat because they sell on price alone, they are close to the brink of disaster and suffering from serious quality issues.
- That dream client who doesn’t answer your emails does in fact answer their telephone. Your competitor just booked an appointment because she had the audacity to dial and was pitch perfect in her approach. She’s going to be sitting with the decision-makers next week in a face-to-face meeting because she is willing to do what others are not.
- Your dream client took your pricing and proposal and met with their team, but they didn’t have the answers to the questions that surfaced in that meeting. Since no one was there to help them with good counsel, they decided to punt the initiative into next year.
For all you know, you never really know unless you do the work to discover what is true right now.
Share this post with your network
Filed under: Sales Knowledge