- Be the person who nurtures relationships over time, playing the long game where others play for right now.
- Give value without any intention of capturing value now.
- Go first, be vulnerable, and share your story. This makes it safe for others to open up about themselves, knowing that you are open.
- Be digital where and when it makes sense, but be a real life human being in a face-to-face meeting or over the telephone faster than anyone else.
- Communicate with greater frequency, and plan those communications so that they are always valuable to the recipient.
- Have a presence by entering someone else’s world to prove that you care, and so you can gain a deeper understanding.
- Do something unexpected, something that isn’t required, and something with no intention of reciprocity. Do something just because.
- Remember the small details that others miss, and know that the little things are big things.
- Keep your commitments, large or small, and do so with great haste.
- Uncover issues, challenges, and problems outside of what you, your company, or your solutions solves, and make a difference.
- Do everything with greater consistency and commitment.
- Send thank you cards. Not emails.
- Listen. Listen. Listen. Listen. Listen.
- Care about someone else’s outcomes more than anyone else would dare.
- Value the relationship more than you value any single transaction.
Want more great articles, insights, and discussions?
Share this post with your network
Filed under: Sales