It is no great secret why some people produce better results than others.
- Their will is greater. People who are successful “will” their success into being. They are willing to do what others will not. They exercise their self-discipline, their will power, to constantly do the work that others find unpleasant. They also decide to be happy, and they will that into being, too. This is all mindset.
- Their strategies are better. People who are successful have better strategies. To produce better strategies, they spend more time studying. They read. People who are strategic digest information so they can see connections others miss. They spend time doing the difficult work of thinking.
- Their tactics are better. Day to day, successful people employ tactics that allow them to produce better results. They are proactive. They don’t allow their time or energy to be consumed by the attention vampires that distract others. They delegate. They focus on the three or four things that move them closer to their goals.
- Their execution is better. There are always failures on the road to success. But there is no success without execution. Doing the right things well, producing the necessary outcomes, and creating results are necessary to success.
- Their persistence is greater. Will is necessary, but not sufficient. Strategies and tactics are both necessary, but not sufficient. Even when all will, strategy, tactics, and execution are all present, success may evade you. Success is a game of patient pursuit. You have to persist. It take a long time, but not as much time as you think.
If someone is producing a result that you want, if they are succeeding in some area where you are struggling, it is likely that they are doing something differently from you.
They may be applying more of their will, their personal power, to succeeding in that area. They may have better strategies and tactics, likely ones that make you uncomfortable, that they are employing. Their success may be built in part by their better execution. And let there be no doubt in your mind that their persistence plays a role.
There are no secrets. All is known. There are many paths, but the all of them require the same of those who would walk them.
Share this post with your network
Filed under: Accountability