You have work to do.
- Why are you reliving the mistakes you made yesterday right now? Why are you still talking about the deal you lost a month ago? Living in the past keeps you from moving into the future.
- Why are you dwelling on what other people think of you? Why are you worried about someone else’s approval. Why are you waiting for permission that isn’t coming? You alone are responsible for your life, and this means that you have to trust yourself.
- Your manager, your CEO, your competitors, your government, and your parents are not capable of preventing you from doing the meaningful work you should be doing right now. In fact, no one is thinking about how to stop you. The only obstacle between you and the meaningful work you should be doing is staring back at you in the mirror each morning.
- There are thousands of distractions that continually and unceasingly compete for your attention. They are legion. Some of these distractions may be worth your time and attention. But no distraction is worthy of the time and energy you need to do your real work. Only you can put first things first.
- The small fires that fill up your inbox will burn up all of your psychic bandwidth and all of your emotional energy if you let them. If you are vigilantly keeping guard in hopes of stomping out every small flame, you will burn yourself. The fire that should be your priority every day is the one that is burning inside you. Your job is to feed it, not allow it to be extinguished.
You have work to do. You should be doing this work now. You should be prioritizing this work and putting it above everything else.