When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature’s God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.
- Fear: It is necessary to separate yourself from the fear that prevents you from acting, that prevents you from living your purpose, that dissuades you from making your contribution, and that keeps you from becoming the best version of yourself. This fear has kept you from realizing your full potential.
- Entitlement: It is necessary that you free yourself from the sense of entitlement that would have you wait for someone to give you what you want. It is necessary that you separate yourself from the ungratefulness that has prevented you from using the gifts that you’ve been given—and from sharing those gifts with a world that needs your contribution. This sense of entitlement has prevented you from doing what you should right now be doing.
- Apathy: It is necessary that you stand up and walk away from the apathy that has kept you sitting on the sideline while your game is being played without you. This apathy has kept you from passionately engaging in your life’s work. Today you can separate yourself from the part of you that you’ve allowed to be pessimistic or cynical and throw yourself instead into that one thing that is your mission.
- Victimhood: It is necessary that you separate yourself from the belief that you are somehow a victim. A victim of the circumstances of your birth. A victim of the lack of formal education. A victim of the society in which you were born, the lack of money, or the people you mistakenly believe have power over your life. This victimhood has caused you to look outwards for excuses instead of inwards for answers.
- Learned Helplessness: You must separate yourself from your desire to believe that you are helpless, that you lack the power to bring your dream to life, that you lack the knowledge, that you lack the resources. Learned helplessness has provided you with excuses you have used to resist what is calling you.
- Judgement: You must free yourself from the fear of being judged by others. Many will oppose your freedom, believing you should know your place. Some will fear that your growth will mean that they will lose your love, your friendship. Some will take shots at you because your success can only remind them that they still haven’t separated themselves from their fear, their sense of entitlement, their apathy, the comfort of their victimhood, and the safety of their learned helplessness.
- Impostor Syndrome: You are not an impostor. You need to separate yourself from the idea that you aren’t big enough. This belief has prevented you from taking that first step, from making today day one.
Today is day one. Declare your independence and separate yourself from the bonds you have with the beliefs that no longer serve you.
Want more great articles, insights, and discussions?
Share this post with your network
Filed under: Sales