In a single hour you can:
- Exercise, meditate, and ensure you are in the right physical and mental state to be productive.
- Write 500 words. That might be a blog post, a letter to your dream clients, or the start of something big.
- Make 2 calls to the most important people in your life. Or you can make 6 to 10 calls to contacts who might need you and the value that only you create.
- Plan your week, making sure that the most important outcomes you need make it on to your calendar.
- Knock a big chunk out of that project you’ve been meaning to complete.
- Train someone to do some task that they really own but that you continue to do because you haven’t invested the time to hand it off.
- Have lunch with someone you need to spend time with or get to know better.
- Send 6 thank you cards to people on your team, people who have trusted you with work, or people you want to thank for making a difference in your life.
- Brainstorm your next big project. In an hour you can create the mind map or slide deck to layout that project.
- Eliminate two boxes of clutter from your life forever, and eliminate the psychic RAM that it takes up inside your mind.
- Read a couple chapters of a book that you need to study. Or you can read four long form magazine articles. Both will add to your perspective and give you context.
- Follow up on some of the most important sales opportunities sitting in your pipeline right now.
- Reflect on the lessons you’ve learned over the past few months and write down how you are going to change things.
Sure, you could browse the web or live in your inbox for the next hour. But the results you produce every day, every week, every month, every year, and over the course of your lifetime are determined by the choices you make with what you do with your time. Make big choices in the single hour.
Share this post with your network
Filed under: Productivity