This post was written as part of the IBM for Midsize Business program, which provides midsize businesses with the tools, expertise and solutions they need to become engines of a smarter planet.
- Are you willing to tell the truth, even when it may cost you your opportunity?
- Are you willing to share your very best ideas, even before you have a commitment from your client or prospect to move forward?
- Are you willing to tell your client or prospect that they are personally the root cause of their own problems?
- Are you willing and able to build consensus inside your client’s organization, dealing with the obstacles, the challenges, and the dissenters? Are you willing to find a way?
- Are you willing to talk about the investment necessary to producing the results your client really wants, even knowing that they want to pay less?
- Are you willing to show your client the largest, most value creating solution they need, even though you know it is going to frighten them?
- Are you willing to learn their business? Are you willing to learn their industry?
- Are you willing to devote yourself to gaining the business acumen and situational knowledge necessary to giving the advice that makes you a trusted advisor?
- Are you willing to show your client where and they are at risk?
- Are you willing to be relentlessly proactive, never resting on your laurels, always exercising your resourcefulness in generating new, value creating initiatives?
- Are you willing to be held to a standard high above anything you’ve imagined before now? Are you willing to be held to the same standard your client would hold one of their own team members to?
- Are you willing to be accountable for results?
Want more great articles, insights, and discussions?
Share this post with your network
Filed under: Sales