You don’t believe that you can make more money than you are making now. You believe that money is scarce and that it is hard to come by. You hold onto this belief even though you look around and see hundreds of people making more money than you are now.
You don’t believe that picking up the phone and calling a stranger can produce appointments. You don’t believe that an old, mature technology like the telephone is better than a new technology like Twitter. You believe this even though you are surrounded by people who are picking up the phone and out-producing you.
You don’t believe that you can have a much greater level of success than you have now without some divine intervention. You believe that having what you want for yourself requires that someone taps you on the shoulder, gives you permission, and anoints you as the chosen one. You maintain this belief even in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary.
Beliefs are viruses. They are infections that spread from one mind to the next. Some people are immune to negative, limiting beliefs. Others have to go through the long, painful process of ridding themselves of the viruses that infect them.
If you are willing to believe the truth, you can choose your infections. You can decide what you believe.
- Right now, there are people who are making more money than you are because they believe they can. They believe they create more value than others. And they believe they deserve to make more money.
- There are also people who believe that the prospecting methods and the sales activities that you avoid are the most effective methods for winning new business. These people are using the very same methods to produce breakthrough results.
- When you look around and see people succeeding at a level that you wish to attain, know that they first believed that they could succeed, and then they took massive action in that direction.
Other people are producing different and better results than you are now because they believe things that you are unwilling to believe. Most of the beliefs that are preventing you from having what you want are about yourself, who you are, and what you deserve.
- What are the beliefs you have about some area in your life where you wish your results were different?
- Who do you know that is already producing the results you want now? What do they believe?
- If you were to rid yourself of unhealthy infections of the mind, what actions would you take that you are not presently taking?
Want more great articles, insights, and discussions?
Share this post with your network
Filed under: Values